Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Just a little dancing

I danced in my garden yesterday. I had my headphones on, listening to Beleza Tropical, and it was 64º, there was a light breeze, and it was a perfect, beautiful, early summer day. I've been wanting to celebrate my garden for months, because for the first time, it finally looks like a garden. It's six years old this year, and it really looks like a garden.

So I danced.

Forget-me-not carpet in May

Boulders by the pond

Cricket house in the front heucheras and astilbes, with rhodies, Acer shirasawanum, Choisya Sundance, and Acer palmatum Oshu shidare behind

Pink rhodie with the Acer palmatum Hilleri

Rhodie, hydrangea, epimedium, Heuchera Can-can, Carex Evergold, bergenia, Asarum caudatum, and friends

Old (unknown) variety rhodie with a dark bee

Satomi dogwood in full bloom

2 comments:

  1. Love your new garden blog Patty, and it really DOES look like a garden... a beautiful one at that! I only wish the photos were larger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ruth! Thanks for being my first visitor. I use the medium-size images on the post page so they'll load quickly, but the recommended 1000-pixel-wide images do come up if you click on the little ones.

    ReplyDelete